Hey shooters! Looking for a holster for your Walther PPQ M2? You have come to the right place. Below is my review of the best holster for Walther PPQ M2.
As a gun enthusiast, I have always been meticulous about the holsters I choose for all my guns.
My military vet friend Mitchel also always suggests that a good holster is as important as the weapon, and one must carefully choose it. Therefore, I have put all my years of experience and some research and sound advice from Mitchel to make the below-mentioned list of best holsters for a PPQ M2. The main points of consideration here are quality, retention, comfort, and price.
So, let’s get into it.
Our Top Picks
If you don’t have the time to read the article, I list the top 3 Walther PPQ holsters.
- Concealment Express IWB KYDEX Holster
- Comp-Tac International OWB Holster
- Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 IWB Holster
Top 6 Best Holsters for Walther PPQ M2
The PPQ pistol is a bit more than the 3-inch barrel size of most compact handguns, so not all the mini holsters will not work with it. Below is a detailed review of the best Walther PPQ holsters I have chosen.
IWB KYDEX Holster
|Perfect fit for PPQ M2
|3 mounting options
IDPA and USPA compliant
|Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5
Adjustable Cant and ride height
|Muddy River Tactical
(IWB) Leather Holster
Good for conceal carry
|Cytac OWB Walther
PPQ Paddle Holster
|Trusted by military
Level II retention
1. Concealment Express IWB KYDEX Holster – Best Overall
Brand: Concealment Express
Material: 0.8″ Kydex
Why Is It my #1 Pick?
- Excellent features for the price
- Perfect fit for the Walther PPQ M2
- Quick and easy draw
- Adjustable retention
This Concealment Express holster has molding that perfectly fits a Walther PPQ M2. It is essential to have a holster that adjusts well with the gun, as gun-holster compatibility is the first thing you need for your concealed carry.
The Concealment Express IWB Kydex holster has great holster features for the price. It has a rigid fit, but it’s easy to draw. So get your gun out when you want it out.
Moreover, this holster also gives easy re-holstering. It doesn’t collapse like a fabric holster, and You also get an audible click.
The retention on this holster is pretty good, and it is also adjustable. The adjustable retention gives you the advantage of fitting your gun perfectly. So, there is no chance that the weapon will fall from the holster.
My Experience With This Holster
I bought this holster when I was tired of all the low-quality holsters. Before the Concealment Express Inside Waistband Holster, I had tried many IWB holsters, and I honestly buy more holsters than I buy clothes. Now, I can say that it is all you need.
What More Does It Offer?
- Snag-free design: The adjustment screws on this holster are Philip fasteners with countersinking washers that make them snag-free.
- Cant adjustable clips: You can adjust the clips anywhere between 0-15 degrees. So, you can even carry your gun with a tilt like an FBI agent.
- Good quality Kydex: We already know that Kydex holsters are top-quality, and this one has a good quality Kydex.
- Sturdy clip: The clip on this holster is sturdy. It gets attached perfectly and doesn’t come out when you draw the gun.
- Comfortable fit: It has smooth edges, so it doesn’t cut into your skin, and you can sit comfortably.
- Colors: It comes in a range of colors for every taste.
- Fits with all kinds of clothing: You don’t necessarily have to wear jeans with a belt to carry this holster. It fits perfectly with your basketball shorts as well.
- Hard trigger cover: This holster guards the gun’s trigger well, one of the most important factors to avoid accidents.
- Best for concealed carry: As the name suggests, this holster is best for concealment carry as it is not detectable.
- Rough finish on the edges: Some people complain that the edges’ finish is rough.
It is tough to pick one thing that is good about this holster. All I can say is that if you want the best bang for the buck, get a Concealment Express IWB KYDEX Holster. Honestly, it’s hard to get such good features in a holster at an affordable price.
2. Comp-Tac International OWB Holster – If You Want Versatile Mounts
- Versatile mounting
- IDPA and USPA compliant
Are you tired of watching Youtube videos to choose which holster mount is best for your firearm? What if I tell you that you can get all in one holster. Yes! The Comp-Tac International OWB Holster comes with 3 mounting options. The 3 different mounting options are belt mount, paddle mount, and drop offset mount.
Having 3 different mounts makes it suitable for different situations. The belt mount comfortably sits on the hip and stays in place. The paddle mount works with varying pant styles, and you can wear it anywhere on the waist. They get locked onto the belt, so there is not too much movement which keeps the gun steady. And the drop offset mount is lower and angled outwards, making it easy to access. This one is great for competitive shooting. And the bonus is that all these mountings are very well secured. Thus, you can get the perfect draw when you have a mount for every situation.
Moreover, this holster is compliant with USPSA and IDPA.
My Experience With This Holster
I have used this holster with my Walther PPQ M2 several times and only have good things to say. But, the thing I love the most is the 3 mounting options that allow me to carry my gun the way I want.
What More Does It Offer?
- Retention adjustable: The Comp-Tac International OWB has adjustable retention like every good holster. You can adjust the gun tighter or looser depending on how you like the gun to come out.
- Cant adjustability: You’ve got multiple holes at the back; you want the gun to tilt rearward or forward, you can set that up without any extra parts.
- Comfortable fit: Highly contoured ergonomics make it a comfortable fit.
- Safety: The clip is sturdy and secures the gun well. Also, the trigger guard is very well protected.
- Sight compatible: The design of the hoster is such that it is adjustable with most sights. So, you can easily work with gun sights.
- Too strong for some folks: Kydex is strong and rigid, which might be too rigid for some shooters.
If I sum it up quickly, then I would say that investing in this product will not disappoint you.
3. Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 IWB Holster – Best For Concealed Carry
Brand: Alien Gear
Material: Neoprene backing and Kydex shell
- Best concealed carry holster.
- Super comfortable
- Adjustable Cant and ride height
The Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 has many features that make it the ideal choice for carry concealed.
The first is comfort. When you are carrying a gun, comfort is the priority. A holster that is not comfortable kills the purpose. You cannot be readjusting your holster the whole day; that’s not what you want. The Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 has a neoprene backing that is flexible, sweat-free, and breathable as the Neoprene disperses heat and sweat. It also has stitched textile edges to prevent irritation on the skin, and the flexible wings are contoured perfectly to the user’s body. It is comfortable even while sitting.
As mentioned in the name, this holster is tuckable. So you can wear it with a tuckable shirt.
Other features which make it ideal for concealment are its simple design and adjustable cant and ride height. With the ride height adjustment, you can choose if you want your pistol deeper into the waistline or higher on your hip. And with the cant adjustability, the shooter can select the holster’s angle and get a smooth draw.
My Experience With This Holster
I have repeatedly used this holster with my PPQ M2 for a year, and it has shown no signs of wear and tear. Honestly, it is so comfortable that sometimes I leave it for hours, and it does not bother me.
What More Does It Offer?
- Modify your retention: The shell of the holster is retention adjustable. However, you need tools to adjust it, and these tools come with the package.
- A holster for a corporate setting: When you wear it with a tuckable shirt, only the clips are available; this way, you can wear it in a corporate environment or any other such environment.
- The adjustment screws can lose: Once you adjust them, use some Loctite on the threads to keep them tightened.
The Alien Gear 3.5 IWB is your right choice for a reliable and comfortable concealed carry holster.
4. Muddy River Tactical (IWB) – If Comfort is Priority
Brand: Muddy River Tactical
- Super comfortable
- Good for conceal carry
- Budget option
Like the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5, this holster is also very comfortable. First off, it has good quality leather, which gives a comfortable feel. The included sweat shield gives the gun protection from sweat and oils of the skin and provides skin protection from the gun. It has a Cant angle adjusted to 10 degrees; appendix carry, 3 o’clock, 4 o’clock, and 5 o’clock, choose whatever works for you. Also, its flexible material and low profile make it perfect for concealed carry.
And the best part is that you get all the comfort without breaking the bank.
So, if you don’t want to spend too much money on a holster but want comfort, get a Muddy River Tactical IWB holster.
5. Cytac OWB Paddle Holster – What The Military Trusts
Material: Military-grade polymer
Last but not least in this list is the Cytac OWB for Walther PPQ M2. This holster is the perfect fit for your Walther PPQ M2. It is one great holster that the military and law enforcement uses. The holster automatically locks itself at the trigger once you put the gun inside and opens with a slight push on the button. Also, the multiple guide stripes inside the holster enhance retention.
Moreover, it is a high-quality material that makes the holster solid and smooth.
So, get the Cytac OWB paddle holster if you want safety and security with Level II retention.
What Do You Need In A Holster?
Before buying yourself a holster, please read the following guide to enlighten yourself about what you need in a good holster.
Holster retention is the ability of your holster to hold the gun in place. When your holster does not have good retention, the weapon can fall out, or it can be difficult for you to draw it out. So, you need a holster with good retention. What gives your holster good retention is quality material and a scabbard molded according to the gun’s design. In addition, the mechanics like a thumb break, manual straps, or a trigger guard lock also provide retention. You know your holster has enough retention when you turn it upside down, and it doesn’t fall. The Cytac OWB Paddle Holster has a safety lock for maximum retention.
A good-quality material such as quality leather or Kydex gives good retention. Also, adjustability is essential for a good holster. The best material options for a holster are leather and Kydex. The Kydex does not wear and gives the best friction retention. Also, unlike the Nylon and Suede holsters, it does not retain the gun debris and is easier to clean. However, leather holsters are more comfortable than Kydex holsters. You also have hybrid Kydex holster options made with mixed materials. Generally, these have a Kydex shell and a leather backing. So, you get a hard exterior but a soft interior. Cloak Tuck 3.5 from Alien Gear is an example of a hybrid holster. Leather holsters are stretchable. They bend to hold your gun securely against the body, perfect for concealed carry holsters. Also, you should avoid Nylon and Cordura holsters as they are not molded according to the gun’s size and don’t give enough trigger protection. From the review above, the Concealment Express IWB is a Kydex holster, and the Muddy River Tactical (IWB) is a leather holster.
Your holster must protect your trigger. You cannot afford any accidental trigger pulls. Choose a holster that makes the trigger not just difficult but impossible to pull. For example, cheap Nylon holsters are everywhere, but they are not safe because they don’t give the required protection to the trigger. Do not buy a holster if it doesn’t have good trigger protection– your life depends on it.
The size of your holster should be compatible with your gun. A general-size holster does not fit one pistol perfectly. So, get a holster specifically molded for your gun.
A double-stack magazine has a bigger profile, while a single stack has a lower profile. Therefore, it is a significant safety concern that you keep the type of your magazine in mind while choosing a holster.
Is the Walther PPQ M2 a good carry gun?
The Walther PPQ M2 is a compact, striker-fired gun. It can be the replacement for the top sellers such as the Glock, Springfield, and S&W. What makes it a good carry gun are its good ergonomics, manageable recoil, a good trigger, and a high and tight grip. Please choose the best Walther PPQ holster from the list above to carry it easily.
Does the Walther PPQ M2 have safety?
The Walther PPQ M2 has a safety lever on its trigger. You cannot fire the pistol until you fully depress the safety lever into the slot in the trigger.
What are IWB and OWB holsters?
IWB holsters are the ones you wear inside the waistband, and you need them when you have to conceal your weapon. On the other hand, OWB holsters are worn outside the waistband, and used when concealing your firearm is not required.