Hey shooters! Welcome to my review of the best Walther PPQ M2 lights 2022.
I have put all my experience and knowledge into writing this review.
These weapon lights are rated based on their performance, durability, and price. Some of these pistol lights are part of my collection.
I consider the Streamlight TLR-1 HL the best light from the lot. You can pick yours from the list below.
Let’s get started.
Top 5 Walther PPQ M2 Lights
Below are the top 5 lights for Walther PPQ M2.
Streamlight TLR-1 HL
Balanced beam pattern
Quick and safe attachment
Olight PL-Mini2 Valkyrie
Quick and safe attachment
Bright light with a wide spill
Includes safety feature
IPX 7 waterproof rating
Olight Baldr Pro
Brightlight with a well-defined hotspot
Dual lumen option
Firefly V2 Flashlight
Includes green laser
1. Streamlight TLR-1 HL: Best Light Overall
Maximum output: 1000 lumens
Peak beam intensity: 20,000 candelas
Beam distance: 283 meters
Run time: 1.5 hours
Weight: 4.32 ounces
Reasons to buy the Streamlight TLR-1 HL?
- Incredibly bright light
- Affordable light
A combination of 1000 lumens output with 20,000 candelas of beam intensity highlights this pistol light. If you are a Streamlight fan and love its controls, this light is a must-have for you. We talk about lumens all the time, but candela tells the intensity of a weapon light.
With the bright light, the TLR-1 also has a good spill that will allow you to have more situational awareness while focusing on the target in front; you know what’s at the left and right of your target. So it gives you a tactical edge.
This light with a bright white beam and 20000 candelas of intensity doesn’t break your bank. If you compare it to its competitor, the Surefire X300, it costs much less. Sure, it doesn’t give the durability of a Surefire, but it is still quite durable.
I have a lot of Streamlight lights, and the TLR-1 is one of them. The fence in my backyard where I usually practice shooting is 35 feet away. At that distance, it gives a bright light. However, when I tried it at 100 yards, it did not perform the same but gave enough light to identify a target. So, this light fulfills a weapon light’s purpose: illumination.
What does the Streamlight TLR-1 HL offer?
- Ambidextrous switches: A weapon light without ambidextrous switches loses half of its customers. This light has activation switches on both sides. So, both left and right-handed people can conveniently use it.
- Balanced beam pattern: The HL series of the Streamlight has a balanced beam pattern. This balance gives the user good situational awareness.
- Safe attachment: The hand-tight screw on this light allows it to attach to the pistol safely. So you don’t have to worry about it falling while you are in a combat situation.
- Continuous runtime: This superior quality light gives 1000 lumens for a continuous 1.5 hours.
- Quick attachment: The light includes a rail grip clamp that allows quick attachment and detachment. It can be the most important feature for someone who doesn’t like lights with complicated attachment and detachment systems.
- Overheating protection: A heat sink is included in the light to prevent overheating.
What doesn’t the Streamlight TLR-1 HL offer?
- The beam is less concentrated: The beam of this light is not as concentrated as you get with a Surefire X300 U. But it is still hot enough to give good visibility.
If you want a bright, intense light at an affordable price, get a Streamlight TLR-1 HL; if you want the innovative Olight features, keep reading.
2. Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie – Best Home Defense Light
Maximum output: 600 lumens
Peak beam intensity: 2500 candelas
Beam distance: 100 meters
Run time: 1 hour
Weight: 2.57 ounces
Reasons to buy the PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie?
- The optimal choice for home defense and concealed carry.
- Versatile gun light
- Huge performance
Next in line is the Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie. It’s similar to the Streamlight TLR-1 HL in terms of ease of use and durability, but its rechargeable battery features make it better for home defense.
You also save a few dollars with this light. But of course, you will get lesser lumens and candelas.
The Olight innovates more than any other brand in the market, and this light is not different. The rechargeable battery system makes it the best home defense gun.
One annoying thing about a home defense gun is that you have to stock the batteries. With the OL-Mini 2, the USB charger clicks magnetically onto the charging port. Not just this, but the connector of this light snaps into place, and you can pull it off without worrying about damaging it. So, you can leave it attached to the charger and grab it when you need it. This feature makes it even better for your home defense gun.
Moreover, the PL-Mini 2 has an adjustable rail to slide within its axis. Therefore, you can make it fit on various weapons. The versatility significantly enhances the value of this light.
I have dropped my Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie many times, but it still works. I can say that it is a durable light. I use it for my everyday home defense, and I love its rechargeable feature.
What does the PL-Mini 2 offer?
Quick attachment: The light has a quick attach/detach mounting system. It takes only a few seconds to install or remove your PL- Mini 2. Quickly attaching your light to your pistol gives you an advantage in a quick combat situation.
Easy controls : The control switch activates in the downward position; you don’t have to worry about accidentally activating it when you put it in a holster.
Safety lock: You can lock the PL-Mini 2 to the trigger guard. This safety lock prevents it from falling from the handgun rail.
What does the PL-Mini not offer?
- The drop in lumens: The PL mini 2 has a run time of 1 minute at 600 lumens, and it will decrease to 60 lumens in an hour. This drop in the lumens can be a problem for some people.
So, if you want a light with high lumens and candela, get a Streamlight TLR-1 HL, and for an innovative rechargeable battery system, get an Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie.
3. Streamlight TLR-7 – Bright and Small
Maximum output: 500 lumens
Peak beam intensity: 5000 candelas
Beam distance: 140 meters
Run time: 1.5 hours
Weight: 2.40 ounces
Reasons to buy the Streamlight TLR-7?
- The small size makes it the best fit
- Gives bright light with a wide spill.
- Durable construction.
The small size of the TLR-7 is what people love about this light the most. It fits perfectly onto the pistol and is easy to handle. Also, it doesn’t go beyond the muzzle. Hence, attaching accessories is easier with this light.
When it comes to the brightness of the light, it gives a true 500 lumen light. Along with the bright illumination, the TLR-7 also gives a wide spill. Its dramatic spill gives good situational awareness. For example, if you point the light towards the ground in a closed room, it will still illuminate most of the room. If there is a home invasion and someone is standing 10-15 feet away, you will be able to identify what they are holding in their hand, if it’s a gun or not. The identification will allow you to avoid any mishaps or accidents.
I use the TLR-7 on my bedside gun. All I can say is that this light is bright and durable.
What does the Streamlight TLR-7 offer?
- Waterproof: This light has an IPX 7 waterproof rating which means that it can submerge into 1-meter water for 30 minutes.
- Durable: The light is made of machined aircraft aluminum and has a black anodized finish. This construction makes the light durable.
- Safety feature: It’s always a nightmare for any shooter to accidentally activate the light and make the invader cautious. Quarter rotation of the bezel on this light will prevent accidental activation.
What does the Streamlight TLR-7 not offer?
- Activation needs effort: The switches on this light require a little effort to push. It might be a problem for people who like quick, easy activation options or prefer the TLR-1 style switches.
So, if you want a bright, durable light for your home defense or concealed carry, get a Streamlight TLR-7.
4. Olight Baldr Pro – The Brightest Option
Maximum output: 1350 lumens
Peak beam intensity: 16900 candelas
Beam distance: 260 meters
Runtime: 1.92 hours
Weight: 4.55 ounces
Reasons to buy the Olight Baldr Pro?
- Huge performance in a compact design
- Light laser combo
- Easy activation
Next in line is the powerful and compact Olight Baldr Pro. This light has 1350 lumens of output and 16900 candelas of beam intensity. It gives the user a bright light with a well-defined hotspot. You will be able to illuminate a wide space up to 60 yards.
But, if you don’t want to use these many lumens, the dual setting allows you to switch to 300-lumen mode. This feature makes it optimal for various situations.
For some people, activation can be the decision-making feature. You don’t need to deal with complicated activation switches with the Baldr Pro. It also has a super bright laser that aids the user in target acquisition.
Last but not least is that you get all these fantastic features at an affordable price.
I have owned the Olight Baldr Pro for a year, and all I can say is that it gives exceptional performance. And you don’t have to break your bank to get it.
So, get a bright, easy-to-use weapon light without breaking your bank.
5. Firefly V2 Flashlight Laser Sight – The Economical Option
Maximum output: 220 lumens
Peak beam intensity: N/A
Beam distance: N/A
Run time: 1.5 hours
Weight: 1.8 ounces
If you search for an economical light option for your Walther PPQ M2, Firefly V2 will serve you well. Do not expect too much high quality from this gun, but it does what it is supposed to.
It gives bright light with a green laser. The laser is visible up to 100 meters and is adjustable.
It also has a rechargeable battery system. So you can recharge while keeping the light mounted on the gun and not resight the laser.
Oh, and not to forget the strobe function, which gives you an advantage by disorienting the assailant.
Isn’t it too many good features for a 60 dollar light? You decide!
So, get a Firefly V2 Flashlight Laser Sight for walther PPQ M2 if you want a good light without breaking your bank.
Is the Walther PPQ M2 a good carry gun?
The Walther PPQ M2 is indeed a good carry gun. It has a high, tight grip that gives incredible shooting. Also, it has a good trigger. Moreover, the recoil of this pistol is pretty manageable.
What’s the best light for a handgun?
There are many good options for a handgun light. Mentioned below are some of them.
- Streamlight TLR-1 HL
- Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie
- Streamlight TLR-7
- Olight Baldr Pro
- Firefly V2 Flashlight Laser Sight
How many lumens should a weapon light be?
A weapon light should have a minimum of 60 lumens output. But twice that is better to start with. 120 lumens give bright enough light to search a building. But for outdoor or more advanced use, more lumens are better.