Hey there! Welcome to my Springfield Hellcat light review of 2023.
This review results from 48 hours of research and my years of experience with weapon lights. Also, I use some of the lights that I have mentioned below.
Keeping my personal biases aside, I have curated this list based on these lights’ performance, reliability, and price.
Mentioned below are the best of the lot.
I have picked the Streamlight TLR-1 HL as my best pick for a Springfield Hellcat.
You can either get that or any other of your choice from the list. So, choose your best light from the review and red dot sight for Springfield Hellcat to make your shooting much more efficient.
Top 5 Springfield Hellcat Lights
Streamlight TLR-1 HL
Easy to use controls
Balanced beam pattern
IPx 7 waterproof rating
Olight PL-MINI 2 Valkyrie
Quick and safe attachment
Easy battery change
Olight PL-Pro Valkyrie
1. Streamlight TLR-1 HL 1000-Lumen – The Best Overall
View On Amazon View On Optics Planet
Maximum output: 1000 lumens | Peak beam intensity: 20,000 candelas | Beam distance: 283 meters | Run time: 1.5 hours | Weight: 4.32 ounces
Why should you buy the Streamlight TLR-1 HL?
- It gives a bright light and a good spill.
- It is more affordable than its competitors in the market.
- It is durable and reliable.
The first on the list is the light that I consider the best overall: The Streamlight TLR-1 HL.
The Streamlight TLR-1 HL has a maximum output of 1000 lumens and a peak beam intensity of 20,000 candelas. This combination gives you a perfect spill and a very nice hotspot.
At 35 feet, this light gives a bright light and a good spill. At 100 yards, it doesn’t perform well, but it gives enough light to identify a target. This tactical light uses a TLR reflector that gives good situational awareness in a room, giving you an advantage in a defensive situation.
We know that Streamlight lights are durable and reliable, but the best thing about this model is that it is very affordable. A competitor to this light is the X300, which is much more expensive.
I have had my Streamlight TLR-1 for a year. I have also dropped it a few times, but it still works. Also, I didn’t have to break my bank to buy it, as it is very affordable. So, I can safely say that it is a light that will serve the purpose.
What will you love about the Streamlight TLR-1 HL?
- It can brighten a wide area: The TLR-1 gives a bright light that spreads on a wide area.
- Easy to use controls: This light also has an ambidextrous toggle switch that is easy to use.
- Hand-tight screw: The Streamlight TLR-1 has a hand-tight screw that makes the attachment secure. You don’t need to worry about dropping the light, which is a sure-shot advantage in a defensive situation.
- Balanced beam pattern: The HL series of Streamlight gives a balanced beam pattern that gives you good situational awareness.
- The lumens do not drop: It runs for 1 hour and 30 minutes without dropping the lumens. You must have seen weapon lights that don’t give their maximum output for the full run time – TLR-1 HL is not one of them.
- IPx 7 waterproof rating: The TLR-1 can survive 1 meter underwater for 30 minutes.
- Rail grip clamp: The rail grip clamp allows the user to attach and detach the light without tools.
- Heat protection: This light has a heat sink to prevent overheating.
What won’t you love about the Streamlight TLR-1 HL?
- It doesn’t have a concentrated beam: The beam of the TLR-1 is not as concentrated as you would find in a Surefire X300 Ultra. However, it is still very hot; it is hot enough to see well, and it also floods well to see the area around.
If you want a good performing, bright weapon light without breaking your bank, get a Streamlight TLR-1 HL (1000 lumens), but if you want a more compact light that is also rechargeable, keep reading.
2. Olight PL-MINI 2 Valkyrie – Best for Home Defense
Maximum output: 600 lumens | Peak beam intensity: 2500 candelas | Beam distance: 100 meters | Run time: 1 hours | Weight: 2.57 ounces
Why should you buy the Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie?
- Its compact design makes it easy to handle.
- It has a rechargeable battery that makes it always ready to use.
- Quick and safe attachment.
- It is a great choice for concealed carry.
Next in line is the rechargeable Olight PL-MINI 2 Valkyrie. It’s similar to the Streamlight TLR-1 HL in its ease of use and durability. But its rechargeable battery feature keeps it ready all the time, making it a better option for your home defense pistol.
You also save a few dollars if you choose this option over the Streamlight TLR-1 HL.
Like the Streamlight, you get the quick attach and detach system. But it doesn’t have the beam intensity as the Streamlight has.
So, if I sum it up for you: The Olight PL mini 2 has a rechargeable battery system and is more affordable, but it doesn’t give the beam intensity that the Streamlight HL gives with its 20,000 candelas.
Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie is part of my Olight lights collection. Due to its rechargeable feature, it’s my bedside gun. And after using it for a year, I can vouch that it is a durable gun that performs incredibly. The best part is that I don’t have to change batteries now and then.
What you’ll love about the Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie?
- Compact and lightweight: It is compact and lightweight weapon light. It’s ideal for you if you don’t want to attach a bulky light to your pistol.
- Rechargeable battery: The light comes with a magnetic charging cable that sticks to it. If you keep it on charge for the night, then in an emergency, it is ready to use.
- Attaches and detaches quickly: PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie has a quick attach and detach mounting system. You only need a few seconds to attach it to your pistol.
- Includes a safety lock: The light gets locked to the trigger guard. So, there is no fear of falling.
- Bright hotspot: The light has a bright hotspot with 600 lumens of maximum output. It is bright enough to illuminate a room in a defensive situation.
What won’t you love about the Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie?
- The lumen drops: You don’t get to shoot at its maximum output for more than a minute. After 1 minute, the lumen of this light starts to drop. However, it takes an hour to drop to its minimum output, i.e., 60 lumens.
If you are really into high output and intensity, get a Streamlight TLR-1 HL 1000. But if you want to attach a more compact light that is rechargeable also, then get an Olight PL Mini 2 Valkyrie.
3. Streamlight TLR-6 – Best Compact Laser Light
View On Amazon View On Optics Planet
Maximum output: 100 lumens | Peak beam intensity: 2000 candelas | Beam distance: 89 meters | Run time: 1 hours | Weight: 1.27 ounces
Why should you buy the Streamlight TLR-6?
- Excellent ergonomics.
- It includes a light-laser combo.
- Compact and lightweight.
The Streamlight is undoubtedly the most popular brand of tactical flashlights. One such tactical pistol mount flashlight is its TLR-6. In addition, Streamlight has introduced new laser models of its TLR-6 compatible with subcompact handguns, such as Springfield Hellcat and the GLOCK 43X/48.
Firstly, this light has very good ergonomics. When you hold your firearm, the switch is just within reach of the trigger finger. And it starts with little pressure. In addition, it has buttons on either side, making it usable for both left and righthanded people. Also, the activation switch is tactical on/off; you hold it, pot your target, and when you let go, it’s off again. It’s on when you want it on and off when you don’t. This feature is important in a tactical situation.
The included red laser makes it much easier to acquire your target. The light has three modes: the laser-only mode, light-only mode, and laser and light mode. So, if you want to use just the light, you can do it without the laser. Also, if you want one with a green laser, you can get an Olight Baldr Mini.
Moreover, the TLR-6 is compact and lightweight. If you don’t like to add bulky stuff and keep things simple, this light is for you. The small and compact design is ideal for a compact gun like a Springfield.
I have had this light for 3 years, and I like its laser feature. After using it for 3 years, I can say that it works well.
What will you love about the Streamlight TLR-6?
- Versatile weapon light: The TLR-6 is the most versatile weapon-mounted light as it gets hooked on to the trigger guard and not the rail.
- The easy transition of modes: You can easily change the modes in this light by holding one side and pressing the other from laser/light to the combination.
- Ideal for self-defense and concealed carry: It is perfect self-defense and concealed carry light because of its lightweight.
- Easy battery change: This light includes a battery door that opens easily. This feature is helpful because the light remains mounted on the pistol while changing the battery. Hence, you don’t need to resight the laser after changing the batteries.
- Balanced beam: A parabolic reflector produces a balanced beam and peripheral illumination.
What won’t you love about the Streamlight TLR-6?
- You need tools to install it: Some people might not like this light because its installation is not tool-free. It needs some effort from the user.
So, if you want a laser light that’s light and small and it doesn’t break the bank, get a Streamlight TLR-6. Some more laser-equipped models of the Streamlight are TLR-2 HL G, TLR-4, and TLR-8.
4. Olight PL-Pro Valkyrie – The Brightest Light
Maximum output: 1500 lumens | Peak beam intensity: 19600 candelas | Beam distance: 280 meters | Run time: 45 minutes (highest settings) | Weight: 3.25 ounces
Why should you buy the Olight PL-Pro Valkyrie?
- It has a bright light with a good spill.
- It has two mode settings.
- Rechargeable battery system.
This tactical flashlight has a maximum output of 1500 lumens and a peak beam intensity of 19600 candelas. So, it is bright and has a good spill. With this light on your weapon, you can easily hit your target at 50 yards, on both high and low mode.
Also, it includes a rechargeable battery system. It comes with a magnetic charger. So you don’t need to use batteries and never have to worry about buying batteries. The light has a charging port, and it comes with a magnetic charger that gets attached to it.
Moreover, this light has two modes. On the highest settings, you get 1500 lumens that run for 45 minutes, and the low setting has 300 lumens that will last for 1.5 hours. So, it makes the gun good for those who want more lumens and those who like to use fewer lumens in a closed room.
So, if you want a bright light with a good spill and one that is rechargeable too, get an Olight PL-Pro Valkyrie.
5. Surefire XSC – Best Durable Light
View On Amazon View On Optics Planet
Maximum output: 350 lumens | Peak beam intensity: 2000 candelas | Beam distance: 90 meters | Run time: 0.5 hours | Weight: 1.7 ounces
There are different versions of the SXC for different micro-compact pistols. 1 for Glock 43X/48, one for the P365/P365 XL, and another for the Hellcat. Here we are discussing the one that is made specifically for the Hellcat.
This light has 350 lumens of maximum output that spreads well. So, it illuminates a room well. These many lumens are pretty bright for the mission of a compact pistol like the Hellcat.
What’s even more interesting is that this light, like most Olight versions, has a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery. So, you don’t need to worry about changing the battery. And last but not least is the quality that Surefire offers.
So, if you want the Surefire durability for your Springfield Hellcat, get a Surefire XSC.
What light fits the Springfield Hellcat?
Below mentioned is the list of lights that fit the Springfield Hellcat:
- Streamlight TLR-1 HL
- Olight PL-MINI 2 Valkyrie
- Streamlight TLR-6
- Olight PL-Pro Valkyrie
- Surefire XSC
Can you put a light on a Springfield Hellcat?
You can, and you should put a light on the Springfield Hellcat. Although, it is a great micro-compact pistol. But adding light improves its efficiency.
Does the TLR-7 fit the Springfield Hellcat?
The TLR-7 attaches to various subcompact handguns, one of which is the Springfield Hellcat.