Hey there! Welcome to my best Kriss Vector Light review of 2022.
I have spent hours researching these products and picked the best for you. Some of them I also personally use.
For me, the best overall light is the Streamlight Pro Tac HL-X. But I have also reviewed other weapon lights for you to choose from.
I have ranked these lights and optics for kriss vector based on performance, value for money, reliability, and durability. So, you can pick one according to your needs.
Top 5 Best Kriss Vector Lights
Streamlight Pro Tac HL-X
Bright and wide throw
IPX7 waterproof rating
Large center spot
Olight Baldr Pro
High-performance Compact design
Easy to use controls
Cloud Defensive Rein
Ideal for long distances.
Kriss Vector has a top rail, a bottom rail, and side rails for attaching a weapon light. Trust me. You need one! Let’s look at our top 5 picks.
1. Streamlight Pro Tac HL-X – The Best Budget Light
Maximum output: 1000 lumens
Peak beam intensity: 27600 candelas
Runtime: 1.25 hours
Weight: 6.40 ounces
Why you should buy Streamlight Pro Tac HL-X?
- Incredible output and beam intensity give a bright and wide throw.
- It gives excellent performance and reliability at an affordable price.
We are now introducing the Streamlight Pro Tac HL-X, a light that gives incredible output, beam intensity, and durability without breaking your bank.
Pro Tac HL-X has a maximum output of 1000 lumens. This much output is bright enough light for home defense and hunting. It also works for police patrolling. But what’s fascinating about this light is its candela. It gives 27600 Candelas. Candela tells you how far the beam will go.
The Pro Tac also has a deep reflector which gives a bright hotspot.
The best part about this light is that you need to spend only 100 dollars to get this incredibly performing light, along with its pressure pad and mounting system.
The price is nothing when compared to the performance.
Streamlight Pro Tac HL-X is part of my collection of Streamlight weapon lights. I have used this light for over a year now, and I can vouch that it is a light that works. I use it for my home defense and sometimes hunting as well.
What you’ll love about the Streamlight Pro Tac HL-X?
- Affordability: You get the flashlight, along with a tape switch, and the mounting system for just 100 dollars.
- Good intensity: Pro Tac gives good intensity and throw. It throws as far as 330 meters.
- Durability: Streamlight uses aircraft-grade aluminum for its construction that gives durability.
- Easy mounting: It includes rail clamps that allow easy and secure mounting.
- Waterproof: It has an IPX7 waterproof rating. It means if you dump the light into 1 meter of water for 30 minutes, it will still work.
- Strobe mode: Pro Tac includes the strobe mode that disorients the assailant. It gives an advantage in a defensive situation.
What you won’t love about the Streamlight Pro Tac HL-X?
- Touch-sensitive pressure pad switch: The activation button on the pressure pad is touch-sensitive which means more chances to activate the light accidentally. Therefore, it is not optimal in a defensive situation as it can alert your enemy. Also, if you accidentally keep the light open, it loses all its battery.
So, if you want an affordable light that gives incredible performance, get a Streamlight Pro Tac HL-X. But if you wish for a combat-proven light with similar performance , get a Surefire X300 U-A.
2. Surefire X300U-A – The Combat Proven Light
Maximum Output: 1000 lumens
Peak beam intensity: 11,300 candelas
Run time: 1.25 hours
Weight: 4 ounces
Why buy the Surefire X300U-A?
- Excellent performance on the field.
- It is combat-proven.
- Extremely reliable and durable.
Next is Sure fire’s answer to Streamlight: Surefire X300U-A.
Yes, Streamlight is reliable, but not as reliable as a Surefire. Surefire is combat-proven; it has a long tradition with the military. It is pretty similar to the Pro tac HL-X in terms of performance. Both the lights give good performance on the field.
They have similar lumens, but the Pro Tac has much more candela. Pro tac also has more throw distance. So Pro Tac gives more intensity and throw than the Surefire.
Now, let me tell you the difference that matters the most. Surefire X300U-A is a more reliable light, but it is pricier than the Streamlight Pro Tac.
So, if we sum it up for you, then the Surefire X300U-A has the battle-proven repertoire, but it’s more pricey than the Pro Tac.
Surefire lights are a must-have for every gun owner. I also have a lot of Surefire models, and X300U-A is one of them. And, as a X300U-A owner, I can say that it gives the reliability and durability that it promises.
What you’ll love about the X300U-A?
- Extremely durable: Surefire makes it using aerospace aluminum that is hard anodized with a Mil-spec finish for extreme durability.
- TIR lens: It includes a TIR lens that creates an intense , far-reaching beam with a large center spot that is good for close to medium range.
- Easy and secure mounting: The light mounts easily and securely to universal and picatinny rails.
What you wont love about the X300U-A?
- Pricey: This light is on the high end of the price.
So, if you want the durability and reliability of a combat-proven light and are not concerned about the high price, get a Surefire X300U-A . But if you want a much more affordable light and you are okay with a less reliable one, get a Pro Tac HL-X.
3. Olight Baldr Pro – Powerful Compact Light
Maximum output: 1350 lumens
Peak beam intensity: 16900 candelas
Runtime: 1 hour 55 minutes
Weight: 4.55 ounces
Why you should buy the Olight Baldr Pro?
- It gives high performance in a compact light.
- Quick activation with easy-to-use switches.
- Good deal for the price
Next up is the Olight Baldr Pro. This one is a powerful light in a compact design. With 1350 lumens output and 16900 candelas of intensity, this light gives a bright light and a well-defined hotspot that illuminates a wide area up to 60-70 yards.
This powerful light is also easy to use. Nobody likes complicated activation on a weapon light. And, the best part is that all these amazing features come at a very affordable price.
Olight lights are a must-have for every gun owner, and I am no exception. I have been using it for a year now, and I can say that it is a good performing light. Moreover, it is a good deal for the price.
What you’ll love about the Olight Baldr Pro?
- Bright light: It gives bright light with a defined hotspot. It does an excellent job illuminating a wide area up to 60-70 yards.
- Thermal regulation: The lumens of the light drop down to prevent overheating.
- Super bright laser: The bright green laser of the Baldr Pro gives accuracy in shooting. It is optimal in a low-light situation when you try to engage a target while moving.
- Easy to use switches: There are two symmetrical buttons on either side. A quick press will give you a constant on, and press and hold will give momentary.
- Two-lumen settings: The dual setting allows you to use it in various situations. In a closed room, too much light can be disorienting. So, you can switch to the 300-lumen mode. For outdoor use, switch to high lumen mode.
- Simple mounting mechanism: It will quickly attach to the gun and is compatible with Glock and Picatinny rail.
What you won’t love about the Olight Baldr Pro?
- The light drops lumens: One unpleasant thing about the Olight Baldr Pro is that it does not work on its maximum output capacity for more than a minute. It is because the light drops its lumens to prevent overheating.
So, if you want a bright light that is easy to use but does not want to spend much money on it, get an Olight Baldr Pro.
4. Streamlight TLR-2G – Best for Home Defense
Maximum output: 300 lumens
Peak beam intensity: 12000 candelas
Runtime: 2.5 hours
Weight: 4.72 ounces
Why you should buy a Streamlight TLR-2G?
- Its easy-to-use controls make it ideal for home defense.
- Its machine aluminum body makes the light rugged and durable.
- It has a bright hotspot and good spill, illuminating the sides well.
- Its spring-loaded screws allow for secure mounting.
- It comes with a green laser for better accuracy.
The Streamlight TLR 2G is your ultimate go-to light for home defense. This light has the best controls. A gigantic paddle makes it easy to activate both constant and momentary modes. In a defense situation, you need your light activated when you want it. Unfortunately, you cannot afford a delay.
Also, you activate the strobe function by tapping the paddle twice. This feature gives an advantage as it can temporarily blind the invader. So, it is intuitive and easy to control.
Moreover, this flashlight comes with a green laser. The laser helps in home defense as it helps to see where you are pointing.
Also, the screw is spring-loaded. So, even if you unscrew it, it is still on the gun. Hence, it is super secure.
Its 300 lumens output is perfect for home defense as too much light in a closed room can blind the user.
So, if you are thinking of getting good light for your home defense Kriss Vector, get a Streamlight TLR 2G.
5. Cloud Defensive Rein – Best for Long Distances
Maximum output: 1400 Lumens
Peak beam intensity: 60,000 candelas
Run time: 1.5 hours
Weight: 6.91 ounces
The Cloud Defensive Rein has 60,000 candelas, making it ideal for long distances. This many candelas with a combination of 1400 lumens give excellent target identification and situational awareness. It also has the thickest glass in the industry.
So, if you want a light with insane candela for long-distance shooting, get a Cloud Defensive Rein. But be ready to spend some extra dollars.
Why is using a pressure switch with a Kriss vector SBR important?
It is essential to use a pressure switch with a Kriss Vector SBR because it makes it easy to activate the light with little pressure while holding the weapon firmly.
What is the right way of mounting lights on a Kriss Vector SBR?
The right way to mount a light on Kriss Vector SBR is to keep it away from the charging handle. Also, attach it to the point that gives a consistent grip.
What are the mounting options for short Kriss vector SBR models?
There is less space to mount a light on a short SBR, so you can only mount it on the top or right-side rail. Also, mount it on the gun’s right side to not interfere with the charging handle on the left side.