Hey there! Welcome to my review of the best sights for Walther PPQ M2.
I have finalized the best sights you should use with your Walther PPQ M2 after researching it for 48 hours. The factors for ranking these products are their performance, durability, and affordability.
Below mentioned are the best sights of the group.
My best sights for Walther PPQ M2 are the Trijicon HD Night Sight Set.
I would pick these for my Walther PPQ M2. You can either go with that option or choose for yourself from the other options mentioned below. There are various options of sights for Walther pistols in the market.
The Walther PPQ M2 is a popular pistol used by law enforcement and civilians. However, you can increase its efficiency by adding the right sights. Choose the best sights from the review below.
Top 5 Best Sights for Walther PPQ M2
Below mentioned sights have all the features you need for your Walther PPQ M2.
Trijicon HD Night Sight Set
Works in dark
Quick front sight acquisition
Added features for protection
Comply with US military and
Quick recharge option
TRUGLO TFX Tritium and
Work well day and night.
Durable and long-lasting.
Hermetically sealed fiber-optic tube
Enhanced front sight acquisition
No battery required
Doesn’t catch on clothing
Glow in dark
No batteries needed:
Quick target identification.
Complying with NATO and
US Military standards
Shines bright outdoors
XS DXT Big Dot
Night Sights – Canik
Ideal for defense
Large and visible sights
Wide field of view
1. Trijicon HD Night Sight Set – The Best Overall
Night Vision: Yes
Why should you buy the Trijicon HD Night Sight Set?
- These are excellent sights for low light and no light situations.
- This set is durable and reliable.
- The lamps come with a 12-year warranty.
We introduce the best overall sight set for your Walther PPQ M2: The Trijicon HD Night Sight Set. Trijicon claims that they have created these sights specifically for tactical shooting. We know that tactical shooting needs quick front sight acquisition –many features in this sight set allow that.
Firstly, these sights have a bright-colored dot that outlines the lamp. The use of photoluminescent paint achieves this popping light color. Next, the front sight dot is tall and bright; this, along with the luminescent paint, allows for quick acquisition.
Secondly, the rear is black with a U-notch, and the front sight has a bright dot. Combining the black rear and the bright front sight makes acquiring the front sight easier. It is where the bright color of the dot plays its part. Furthermore, the wide U-notch at the rear sight is angled and serrated. The serrated rear immediately draws the user’s attention to the front sight that is already bright.
One more important feature you need in your tactical gun or any weapon sight for that matter is its ability to use in all light situations. Trijicon HD night sights have Tritium glass lamps that illuminate in low light and complete dark. They are one of the best night sights for your Walther PPQ M2.
One of my closest friends, Mitchel, a military veteran, used these sights during his time in the military. And he loved it. He also owns one now. After using his sights on my Walther PPQ M2 for six months now, I have decided to buy one for myself.
What will you love about the Trijicon HD Night Sight Set?
- Faster front sight acquisition: These gun sights have a bright orange/yellow dot on the front sight and a U-notch on the rear sight. This combination enhances the front sight acquisition. A simpler explanation of the whole thing would be that this combination gives you speed, and speed is a sure shot advantage in a tactical situation.
- Added features for protection: Trijicon has added features that enhance the protection of these sights. It has tritium gas lamps inside the Aluminum cylinders, further enclosed in silicone rubber cushioning. The aluminum cylinder gives protection from recoil and moisture. Also, the Sapphire Jewel window protects them from the effect of cleaning solvents and punctures.
- One-handed manipulation of the gun: With these sights on, you can slide the gun’s rail with one hand. It is made possible by the steeply designed rear sight. It again gives you an advantage in a tactical situation.
- Work in low light and complete dark: The tritium glass lamp is at the heart of the Trijicon night sights (HD). This lamp makes the night sights work in a low-light environment.
- Even distribution of light: There is a Sapphire jewel window that caps the tritium lamp of these sights. This window helps in the even distribution of light.
- Quick recharge option: The colored dot on the front sight is a photoluminescent paint. You can recharge it with sunlight or an LED light. If there is an emergency, you can recharge it with LED light in less than a minute.
- 12-year warranty for lamps: Trijicon claims these sights to have a warranty of 12 years which adds to the product’s reliability.
- Comply with US military and NATO standards: You can take an idea of the reliability of the Trijicon night sights because they abide by the United States military and NATO specifications.
What won’t you love about the Trijicon HD Night Sight Set?
- Installation is not easy: Most gun users prefer aftermarket parts that are easily attached to their guns- this is not the case with the Trijicon HD Sights. Therefore, you should take professional help for their installation.
Trijicon HD features and designs allow the user to quickly pick up the front sight. However, you can also look for a more affordable Trijicon night sight set: The Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights.
So, if you need sights that allow for fast front sight acquisition and are durable, get Trijicon HD Night Sights. But, if you want to go for sights that shine day and night and are a more affordable option, keep reading.
2. TRUGLO TFX Tritium and Fiber-Optic Xtreme Handgun Sights – Best for Day and Night
Night Vision: Yes
Why should you buy the TRUGLO TFX Sights?
- They work well day and night.
- The design makes them durable and long-lasting.
Next in the line are the sights that work equally well in bright sun and complete darkness: TRUGLO TFX Tritium and Fiber-Optic Xtreme Handgun Sights.
Usually, a luminescent gun sight has either fiber optics or tritium, but these have both. The fiber optics gathers and enhances the available light, and due to this, the sights shine in bright daylight. The tritium glows in the dark–allowing the sights to work at night. This combination of fiber optic and tritium makes them usable day and night. Hence, this feature makes them ready to use anytime. Yes, the Trijicon HD Night Sights’ popping orange/yellow color is missing. And all the added features of extra protection, such as the Aluminum cylinder, silicone rubber cushioning, and the sapphire jewel, are also missing. But the price is also less.
The TFX does not have Trijicon HD Night Sight Set’s extra protection features, but it does have a protected fiber-optic tube. They use a hermetically sealed fiber-optic tube impervious to solvents, dirt, and gun powder residue. All these things interfere in fiber optic’s ability to gather or magnify the available light, which is its job.
This tube protection was not present in the TFO model of Truglo, and many people used to destroy their sights while cleaning them. This extra protection gives these sights much more durability and makes them last longer.
So, let me sum it up, the Truglo TFX sights work best both day and night and are more affordable, but they do not have the popping colors and the extra protective features that the Trijicon HD Night Sight Set has.
I have both the TFO and TFX models of Truglo. After using them both, I can say that these are reliable working sights. The TFX model is more long-lasting than the TFO because of the addition of the hermetically sealed fiber-optic tube. I have been using the TFX sights for four years, and they work well. Also, you can clean them without the fear of damaging them with the solvents.
What will you love about the TRUGLO TFX Sights?
- Work well day and night: TRUGLO TFX sights have the best of both worlds. Their fiber optics makes them suitable for the day, and the tritium glow makes them work at night. This versatility makes these sights always ready to use.
- Enhanced front sight acquisition: The fiber optic on the front sight has a white ring that makes it more visible. The front sight focus lock ring lets you draw your eyes to the front sight faster.
- Metal construction: The Truglo TFX sights have a finely finished metal construction body. The metal construction gives durability to the sights and is good for those who don’t like polymer sights. Also, the Fortress finishing makes these sights corrosion and scratch-resistant.
- Work without battery: The fiber optic and tritium allow these sights to work for long hours without using a battery.
- Easy to use: Truglo has made the rounded edges of the rear sight short so it does not catch on the clothing.
What won’t you love about the TRUGLO TFX?
Installation requires effort: You need a sight pusher to install the rear sight. So, you will require to put a little effort into installing these sights.
If you want sights that work equally well in the day and night and are also affordable, get a Truglo TFX. But if you want extra durability, get a Trijicon HD Night Sight Set.
3. Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sights – Best Budget Sights
Night Vision: Yes
Why should you buy Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sights?
- Cost-effective option.
- Their low-profile design is well suited for the PPQ M2.
- Bright and durable sights.
Next up is the Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sights. The military and law enforcement all around the world trust these sights. The reason for that is their durability. Also, these sights are incredibly bright, one of the brightest you could find in the market.
And the best part about these sights is that they are affordable.
So, their durability and the tritium feature at an affordable price make them the best budget option. They are one of the brightest sights in the market available for a PPQ M2.
In my concealed carry classes, we used to do all sorts of beatings to these sights, and they took all of them. Once I accidentally threw my gun, which had these sights on it, on a block of concrete, but they are still working. Also, my friend Mitchel has had these sights for 15 years, and he claims they shine as bright as they did when he first got them.
What will you love about the Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sights?
- Glow in the dark: These sights have tritium lamps that allow them to glow in the dark and low light.
- No batteries needed: The tritium allows these sights to work for long hours without batteries.
- Lightweight: The lightweight of these sights aid in quick target acquisition.
- High transparency glass: The high transparency glass allows quick target identification.
- Complying with NATO and US Military Specifications: Meprolight Tru-Dot Sights comply with NATO and the US military standards. This factor should be enough to explain how durable these sights are.
- Easy to carry: There is plenty of surface area on these sights that allow you to hook them on your belts, on your front pocket, or wherever you like.
- One-handed operation: The angled rear sight assists in one-handed operation.
- Combat-proven: The military, law enforcement, and professional shooters worldwide trust these sights.
What won’t you love about the Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sights?
- Installation is not easy: The front sight has a centrally forwarded bottom threaded hole that makes the installation difficult.
So, if you want a durable and reliable sights option for your PPQ M2, get a Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sight.
4. HIVIZ Handgun Front Sight – Best for Day Light
Night Vision: No
Why should you buy the HIVIZ Handgun Front Sight?
- It offers durability
- It shines bright outdoors
- It is very affordable
The HIVIZ Handgun Front Sight includes a fiber optic. The fiber optic gathers all the available light and enhances it. So, by this principle, this sight shines bright in daylight and works fine in low light. Also, it has a solid steel construction which makes it durable.
The light pipe on this sight has a bright green color. And it is recessed to give a clear and crisp dot. Both these features enhance the visibility of the sight, which makes it easy to pick.
It is especially optimal for people with weak or old eyes.
Also, the sight is contoured to be made snag-free. So, you can easily attach it to your holster. The best part about this sight is that it is very affordable.
The HIVIZ Handgun Front Sight is a part of my collection of HIVIZ sights. I use it for daytime shooting with my PPQ M2.
So, if you want a good fiber optic sight with your PPQ M2 for some daytime shooting, get a HIVIZ Handgun Front Sight without breaking your bank.
5. XS DXT Big Dot Night Sights – Canik – Your Defense Tritium Sights
Manufacturer: XS Sights
Night Vision: Yes
XS DXT Big Dot Night Sights are your best sights for a defense scenario. They have many features that make them the perfect defense sights.
The tritium dot on the front sight is inside a reflective white dot that bounces light. This ambient light increases visibility and allows you to acquire your front sight quickly.
Along with being visible, these sights are also large, which is excellent for weak or old eyes.
Also, the low-profile rear has a shallow V that gives a wide field of view. A wide field of view helps get more situational awareness, which is advantageous in a defensive situation. In addition, the different shapes of the back and fronts sights prevent confusing the sights in a stressful situation.
Its rounded front sight prevents snagging, and the rear sight design allows for one-handed manipulation.
So, if you want a big, bright white dot for quick front sight acquisition, the XS DXT Big Dot gives you that.
also read: Best Light for Walther PPQ M2
Factors to Consider while Buying Walther PPQ M2 sights
Below mentioned are some factors you should keep in mind while buying sights for your PPQ M2:
Visibility is an essential factor when looking for sights for your PPQ M2. A front sight that is more visible gives quick front sight acquisition. Tritium vials are used for visibility in the dark, and fiber optic sights enhance visibility in bright light.
The brightness of sights again enhances their visibility. Some sights have added popping colors to the front sight. Other sights have bright tritium color that does the job.
Durability is a crucial factor to look for in your weapon sights. Several features give the sights their required durability. Also, the material used to make the front and rear sights can affect durability. Finally, look for sights that the military or law enforcement use.
Make sure that the sights you choose for your PPQ M2 are compatible to be used with it.
Size of the Front Sight
The size of the front sight should be large enough for you to see it correctly. A front sight that is too small will be a problem.
You need to be careful about the height of the sights when you choose them. The sights that are too tall can disrupt the focus of your aim.
While choosing your sights, always go for a snag-free design. For example, they should not snag into your pocket or holster. Also, a notch design is preferred with sights as it gives good focus.
Does Walther PPQ have night sights?
Trijicon HD Night Sight Set is an example of night sights that fit the Walther PPQ.
Can you put a red dot sight on a Walther PPQ?
Yes, you can put a red dot sight on a Walther PPQ. Walther was the first company to introduce a carry pistol with a red dot sight.
Is the Walther PPQ M2 a good carry gun?
The Walther PPQ M2 has the best ergonomics. It has a high and tight grip that gives excellent shooting. Also, its recoil is manageable and provides accuracy, and it has a good trigger. All these features make the PPQ M2 a good gun.
What does PPQ M2 stand for?
The PPQ stands for Police Pistol Quick Defense, and M2 means Model with American-style magazine release button.
Can you use a laser sight with a Walther PPQ M2?
Yes, you can use a laser sight with your Walther PPQ M2. The most technologically advanced laser sight available for Walther PPQ M2 is the GTOG/FLX42.
What Trijicon sights suit a Walther PPQ M2?
The Trijicon sights suitable for a Walther PPQ M2 are Trijicon Bright and Tough Night Sight Set and Trijicon HD Night Sight Set.
Some night sights use tritium to create illumination, and others use a small LED light.
How does a night sight work?
Some night sights use tritium to create illumination, and others use a small LED light.