I’m Liam Bond an experienced shooter who’s spent much time testing the Glock 19.
Over time and through meticulous evaluations based on merits and specific criteria, one light has consistently come out on top: the Streamlight TLR-1 HL.
I’ve got the hands-on experience to back this up and guide you through the maze of options. So, if you’re struggling to find the Best Light for Glock 19, you’re in the right place.
I’ve narrowed down the best lights for this specific firearm, helping you choose the perfect one that fits your gun, lifestyle, and needs.
|Best Glock 19 Lights||Category||Price|
|Streamlight TLR-1 HL||Top Choice||$141.38|
|Streamlight TLR 7A Flex||Best Performance||$121.63|
|Surefire X300 Turbo||Premium Choice||$293.29|
|Modlight PL30||Good Throw||$329.00|
|Viridian C5L Gen 2||Laser & Light||$249.00|
|Olight PL Pro 3||Great Value||$88.99|
Top 6 Best Glock 19 Lights
- Streamlight TLR-1 HL – Top Choice
- Streamlight TLR 7A Flex – Best Performance
- Surefire X300 Turbo – Premium Choice
- Modlight PL30 – Good Throw
- Viridian C5L Gen 2 – Laser & Light
- Olight PL Pro 3 – Great Value
1. Streamlight TLR-1 HL – Top Choice
- 1000 lumens; 20,000 candela peak beam intensity; 283...
- White LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000...
- Mounts directly to handguns with Glock-style rails and...
- Includes keys for Glock-style, Picatinny, Beretta...
- Rail clamp system securely attaches/detaches quickly...
Compact yet powerful, this light is a tactical dream for Glock 19 users.
Brightness That’s Hard to Beat
Let me tell you, the Streamlight TLR-1 HL offers an insane 1,000 lumens. The brightness on this bad boy is unparalleled, lighting up even the darkest corners.
I’ve used it in a variety of settings, from pitch-black rooms to dimly lit alleyways and let me assure you, it never disappoints.
Battery Life That Goes the Distance
Battery life is often a sticking point with weapon lights, but not here. With a runtime of about 1.5 hours, it’s got more than enough juice for any situation. And hey, changing out the batteries is a snap.
Rugged and Durable Design
Made from machined aircraft aluminum, the TLR-1 HL can take a beating and keep on shining. I’ve dropped it, bumped it, and it’s still as reliable as ever.
It’s also water-resistant, so don’t worry about getting caught in the rain.
The controls on this light are intuitive, making it super easy to operate even under stress. You’ve got options for momentary or steady-on modes. No fumbling around in crucial moments.
Versatility in Mounting Options
What’s great about this light is its compatibility with a variety of handguns, not just the Glock 19. The rail grip clamp system makes the mounting process hassle-free.
Why I love it
The Streamlight TLR-1 HL ticks all the boxes for what you’d want in a weapon: light, bright, long-lasting, durable, and user-friendly. What more could you ask for?
After strapping this light onto my Glock 19, I took it for a field test. I was amazed by how it performed. Whether it was close-quarters or long-range, the light did an outstanding job in illumination and target identification.
- Exceptional brightness
- Long-lasting battery life
- Durable build
- Intuitive controls
- Versatile mounting options
- A tad heavier compared to other models
- 1.5-hour runtime may require battery backup for extended use
2. Streamlight TLR 7A Flex – Best Performance
- 500-Lumens; 140 meter beam; Runs 1.5 hours
- Engineered optic produces a concentrated beam with...
- Durable, anodized machined aluminum construction; IPX7;...
- Includes high switch (mounted), low switch, 1 CR123A...
- Safe off feature prevents accidental activation; Saves...
It is compact, powerful, and ideal for both concealed carry and home defense.
Stellar Lumens and Candela
With 500 lumens and 5000 candelas, the TLR-7A Flex packs a punch without needing a bunch of batteries—just a single CR123A does the job. It’s more than enough for close quarters, like your living room or a small yard.
Muzzle Flush Fit
The design is such that the light doesn’t jut out beyond the muzzle. This is great for concealed carry because it maintains a low profile, making drawing from a holster smooth and quick.
Grip and Control
What I like about the TLR-7A Flex is that it allows for a steady grip while operating the light. You can easily shoot, aim, and toggle the light on or off without losing your grip, which is often not the case with other lights.
TIR Optic for Peripheral Vision
The TIR Optic feature is well thought out. Not only does it help you focus on what’s in front of you, but it also lights up the periphery.
Being aware of your environment is critical in a real-world setting, and this feature nails it.
The ambidextrous toggle switch is an upgrade from the original TLR-7. Whether you’re left-handed or right-handed, activating the light while moving is pretty effortless.
Why I love it
This light strikes a perfect balance between size, performance, and price. It’s versatile, reliable, and doesn’t break the bank.
Once I mounted the TLR-7A Flex onto my Glock 19 Gen 5, I took it for a spin. This light was tested across various settings, from room corners to outdoor shooting ranges.
Activating the light was straightforward, and the grip felt natural, which was a big win for me.
- One of the best lights for Glock 19X and 19
- Ideal beam pattern for close-quarters battle
- Convenient front-loading battery design
- Extremely lightweight, great for concealed carry
- Top choice for everyday carry
- Strobe mode is somewhat hidden; it may require a look at the manual
3. Surefire X300 Turbo – Premium Choice
- New SureFire Turbo Series handgun WeaponLight generates...
- The X300T-A attachment system permits secure, rapid...
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body is Mil-Spec hard...
- Intuitive switching allows instant activation without...
- IPX7 waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes
It provides heavy-duty, long-range illumination for your Glock 19 Gen 5 and beyond.
Powerhouse Lumens and Candela
Alright, so this beast puts out 650 lumens and a whopping 66,000 candela. Don’t let the lumens fool you; it’s the candela that gives this light an edge.
We’re talking about a focused beam that can reach up to 100 meters, cutting through the darkness like it’s nothing.
Slide Always In Battery
This feature is a game-changer. The extended bezel length ensures that your Glock’s slide stays in the battery, even at point-blank range. It’s a detail you might not appreciate until you need it. But trust me, it could be a lifesaver in a close-quarters situation.
The Surefire X300 Turbo is ready to mount onto a Glock rail frame. It’s plug-and-play without the hassle of additional adjustments or fittings.
You don’t need to be a gunsmith to get this thing securely attached.
You’re in luck if you already have a holster that fits the X300U! The Turbo is designed to be compatible with existing light holsters, making the transition smooth and convenient.
Constructed from mil-spec grade aluminum, this flashlight isn’t messing around. The sturdy build can take it without flinching, whether it’s the recoil from shooting or an accidental drop.
Why I love it
This light is a perfect blend of long-range capability and rugged durability. It’s not just about the
beam distance; it’s also about reliability under extreme conditions.
When I attached the Surefire X300 Turbo to my Glock 19, I took it straight to a nighttime shooting range. The distance I could clearly see targets was impressive.
The slide-in battery feature really stood out during rapid-fire exercises. It was as if the light was a natural extension of the gun.
- Incredible long-range capability
- Maintains slide-in battery during firing
- Easy mounting onto Glock rail frame
- Compatible with existing X300U holsters
- Extremely durable construction
- Stiff switches can be problematic for those wearing gloves
- Length can be an issue without a muzzle brake
4. Modlight PL30 – Good Throw
The switchable light heads make the Modlite PL350 the jack-of-all-trades in gun-mounted flashlights for the Glock 19.
Customizable Light Heads
Switching light heads has never been this straightforward. Unscrew the one you’ve got, and pop on a new one. Whether you’re looking to light up a large area or want a focused beam for long distances, you’ve got options like PLHv2 and OKW.
Versatile Light Beam
This light takes versatility to the next level. You can swap between different light beams like PLHv2, OKW, or even PLH 5K.
Each brings a unique set of characteristics ideal for specific situations. You’re getting multiple lights in one unit; all it takes is a quick head swap.
The PL350 offers not just one but two slot keys for the M1913 rail. This gives you more freedom in choosing how far up or down the rail you want to mount the light.
The rocker control switches on the PL350 are a dream and really responsive. Even in cold weather, operating the switches is a breeze when you’re rocking gloves.
Plus, for those who find the switch a bit out of reach, it comes with PHLSTER ARC-enhanced WML switches. Handy, right?
Accurate Color Temperature
This is a big one. With up to 5000 Kelvin, you get a very neutral/warm light pattern. It’s easier on the eyes and better for identifying objects, whether you’re indoors or out in the open.
Why I love it
Its versatility steals the show for me. I can adapt the light to different scenarios without having to change the entire unit. Plus, those rocker switches make control so intuitive.
So, I took my Glock 19 and the PL350 to a dim-lit range to see how it stacks up. It’s safe to say its performance floored me.
The multiple light heads offered varied applications, making it adaptable for different distances and lighting conditions.
The rocker switches were responsive and easy to use, even when I wore gloves. It felt like an all-in-one package that met all my diverse needs.
- Interchangeable light heads for versatile applications
- Multiple slot keys for flexible mounting
- Extremely responsive rocker switches
- Great color rendition for easier object identification
- Long-lasting rechargeable battery
- Mount key insert can feel a bit loose
- Lacks a quick detach (QD) mount
- It is not ideal for concealed carry due to its length
5. Viridian C5L Gen 2 – Laser & Light
- VIRIDIAN GREEN LASER: This compact Viridian green...
- RADIANCE TECHNOLOGY: 100 Lumens of bright light with...
- ECR INSTANT ON: No fumbling with buttons in critical...
- BATTERY LIFE: 4+ hours in constant laser mode, 7+ hours...
- LIGHT MODES: Choose from a green laser, constant light,...
It is a sleek light and laser duo that sits nearly flush with your Glock 19 muzzle, designed for quick draws and precise aiming.
Great for Concealed Carry
Now, the C5L Gen 2 is pretty much a dream come true for anyone into concealed carry. Its small
form factor means it doesn’t stick out much and works seamlessly with the Glock 19.
The green laser is pretty darn good for fast aiming. Plus, the white light is ample enough for most close-range situations.
No Blinding Hot Spot
The green laser isn’t overpowered by the light’s hot spot. That’s a major advantage when it comes to targeting. You get a clear view of both your target and the laser pointer, even in pitch-black conditions.
That’s ideal for any self-defense scenario if you ask me.
Added Strobe Mode
Ah, the strobe mode! Now, this adds an extra layer of versatility. You can toggle between different settings like “Strobes + Constant on Laser” or just “Constant On” for both laser and light.
Heck, you can even momentarily switch it on or off. Options are always good, right?
Special Holster Compatibility
This one’s cool. Viridian offers a special holster that activates the light and laser as soon as you draw. Imagine not having to fumble with switches in a high-stress situation. Now, that’s what I call smart design!
Lightweight for CCW
The Viridian C5L Gen 2 is surprisingly light. When you add this to your Glock 19, you hardly feel the extra weight. That makes it a superb choice for those who are into concealed carry and don’t want to feel like they’re lugging around a brick.
Why I love it
The integration of a green laser with a tactical light in such a compact form is pure genius. I also appreciate the ease of activation upon drawing from the specialized holster.
Took my Glock 19 with the C5L Gen 2 to the range, and man, I was impressed. The light and laser combo was more than adequate for close-range targeting.
It didn’t interfere with the holster, and the drawing was smooth as silk. I also loved the strobe feature; it adds that extra oomph in a tactical situation.
- Compact and lightweight design perfect for CCW
- Bright, visible green laser for quick targeting
- Versatile strobe mode
- Compatible with specialized holster for automatic activation
- Front-loading battery for easy replacement
- It can be tricky to mount on the Glock 19 frame
- Requires Allen keys for mounting
6. Olight PL Pro 3 – Great Value
- Max output: 800 lumens; 66,300 candela peak beam...
- [Long Focus and Wide Angle] The tactical flashlight has...
- [Adjustable Silding Block] The Olight PL Turbo includes...
- [Smooth Operation] The PL Turbo tactical light has...
- [Built Tough] This weaponlight built of durable...
It is a go-to tactical flashlight for Glock 19 users who value both brightness and rechargeability in low-light training scenarios.
Adjustable Mount Position
Let’s dive into this. The thumb screw mount is a game changer. Do you know how some mounts can snag on your gear? Not this one. You can also slide the light closer or further from the trigger guard, depending on your comfort zone. No more one-size-fits-all nonsense!
Increased Lumen & Candela
Now, the PL Pro 3 doesn’t just “light up” a room; it practically turns night into day. With a light reach of up to 50 yards, you’re not just seeing figures; you’re making positive IDs. That’s what I call taking flashlight capabilities to the next level!
USB Rechargeable Battery
Ever get tired of running out of juice during training? Well, forget about hoarding batteries. This baby is USB rechargeable. Plug it in, juice it up, and you’re back in action.
Ambi Control Ergonomics
Lefty or righty, it doesn’t matter. The ambidextrous toggle switch has got you covered. Whether you need constant light, a momentary burst, or even a strobe, this feature is versatile and handy.
High-Output and Compact Size
Don’t be fooled by its size. With an output of 1500 lumens and a peak candela of 10200, this flashlight packs a punch. All that, and it still manages to weigh under 4 ounces and is just over 3 inches long.
Why I love it
It’s the rechargeability for me. I can train as much as I want without worrying about battery costs
or availability. Plus, the adjustability and ergonomics are icing on the cake.
So I took this out for some night training and, wow, was it a showstopper. The illumination capabilities are out of this world. And that adjustable mount? It’s super handy when you’re switching between various shooting stances or wearing different gear.
- Rechargeable via USB, so say goodbye to battery costs
- Thumb screw mount for snag-free experience
- Extremely bright with a reach of up to 50 yards
- Ambidextrous controls offer great flexibility
- High output can be excessive for some close-range scenarios
- The thumb screw mount, while secure, is not as quick to attach or detach as a QD lever
After putting each of these lights through its paces on my Glock 19, I have to say the Streamlight TLR-1 HL emerges as the winner for me.
It’s not just about the specs or the features; it’s about how the light performs when it really counts. Your specific needs and preferences will guide your choice, but in terms of overall performance, durability, and reliability, the Streamlight TLR-1 HL is my top choice.
Which light fits the Glock 19X?
The Streamlight TLR-7AH is best suited for use in the dark with the Glock 19X.
Why is Glock 19X so popular?
The Glock 19X is popular because it’s a “Crossover” pistol, combining the best features of the GLOCK 17 frame and the compact GLOCK 19 slide.
Is G19 or G19X better?
The decision comes down to personal needs: G19 is perfect for concealed carry, while G19X offers more grip and additional round capacity.
What is the best flashlight and laser for Glock?
The Viridian C5L Gen 2 offers a balanced combo of flashlight and laser for Glock handguns.